Name of the Project: Somali Integrated Statistics and Economic Planning Capacity Building Project (SISEPCBP)
ID No: P171160
Loan/Credit No: IDA-D6660
Consulting Service: Communications Specialist
Duty Station: Mogadishu
Deadline: July 10, 2023
Ref No: SO-MOPIED-363847-CS-INDV
- Background and objective:
The Somalia National Bureau of Statistics (NBS), through the Federal Government of Somalia (FGS), is implementing the Somali Integrated Statistics and Economic Capacity Building (SISEPCB) Project funded by the World Bank The Project aims at strengthening the country’s national statistics system, the monitoring and evaluation (M&E) system, and improving programming and analytical capacity of the government’s macroeconomics and fiscal programming agencies to enable them to regularly assess, analyze and improve their public policies and programs performance and results. More specifically, the project aims at: (1) Strengthening the national statistics system; (2) Strengthening monitoring and evaluation capacity; and (3) Building economic policy analysis and economic planning capacity.
The overall objectives of the communications specialist are to develop, manage, coordinate, network, implement, and monitor communication strategy and associated products. It is also to promote the council’s work or activities on an on-going basis by engaging large audiences. The specialist will carry out all tasks in strict compliance with the rules and regulations set forth by the NEC.
- Responsibilities: The consulting services of the Communications Specialist (“the Services”) include developing, managing, coordinating, networking, implementing, and monitoring communication strategy and associated products. It is also to promote NEC’s work or activities on an on-going basis by engaging large audiences. She/he will undertake all the other specific tasks detailed in the Terms of Reference (TOR) here.pdf
The National Economic Council of Somalia now invites eligible individual consultants to indicate their interest in providing the requested Services. Interested Individual Consultants must submit their Curriculum Vitae (CV) and cover letter indicating that they are qualified to perform the services.
- Selection Criteria: The selection shall be based on the qualifications, experience and skills of the candidate and followed by an interview. The qualifications, experience and competencies include:
Education: bachelor’s degree in public relations, Media and Communications, Public Administration.
Experience: The Communication Specialist will need to demonstrate skills and competencies in the following areas:
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience in communications and public relations.
- Technical expertise in report writing, press release, social media, and ability to communicate clearly and effectively, and meet deadlines for publication and media releases.
- Knowledge of economic issues is desirable.
- Proven and substantial knowledge and experience in providing similar service to the Government Institutions
- Competence in information technology and systems is desirable Proficient in MS Office, with advanced PowerPoint skills, and web administration.
- Reporting: The NEC Communications Specialist Consultant will report to the Executive Director of the National Economic Council.
- Duration of Assignment: The assignment shall run for 12 months’ renewable upon satisfactory performance.
- Submission requirements:
Attention of interested Consultants is drawn to section III, para 3.14,3.16 & 3.17 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers: Procurement in Investment Projects Financing Goods, Works, Non -Consulting and Consulting Services, July 2016, revised November 2017 August 2018, and November 2020 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant Selection method set out in the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations.
The NEC now invites eligible Individual Consultants to indicate their interest in providing the above-mentioned services. Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the Services and furnish the Curriculum Vitae (CV). Further information at the address provided below during office hours from 9:00am to 4:00pm Mogadishu time (Excluding public holidays).
Deadline: Expressions of interest (EOI) should be delivered by email or in-person in a written form in three (3) hard copies (if not by e-mail) to the address below by 10th July 2023 at 16:00 Hours (Mogadishu Time) and should be marked “Expressions of interest for the NEC Communications Specialist Consultant” as subject line.
Attention; Project Implementation Unit
Somalia National Bureau of Statistics
Federal Government of Somalia